The Finance Committee is composed of individuals chosen by the parish priest to assist him in the administration of the goods of the parish. This is a requirement of Canon Law of the Church. The membership encompasses a range of experience including; accountancy, law, management, construction, and commercial business.
In accordance with and subject to the provisions of Canon Law and Diocesan regulations the committee advises:
• on the preparation and updating of records of parish finances.
• on the preparation and monitoring of the parish budget.
• on the preparation and presentation of the annual accounts to parishioners.
• on the maintenance, repair and upkeep of parish property.
• on any other appropriate matters requested by the parish priest.
The committee meets every two months or more often if business requires it.
Summary of discussions at May 2014 meeting
Income and expenditure report for March and April
All areas performing better than Budget,
Further reduction in Parish Debt
Parish will facilitate grant payments for building work at Primary School
Cost of new Tabernacle discussed and agreed.
Next meeting in September